How To Join
Thank you for your interest in joining the Junior League of Wilmington. Each year, the Junior League of Wilmington trains groups of new members (Provisionals) to be more effective volunteers and leaders in the community. Provisionals complete a comprehensive training series that allows you to learn our League structure, programs, and experience some of our community service projects. The provisional course begins in September. You are invited to join us for League recruiting events throughout the year, community impact projects, and general membership meetings. Please check the home page for upcoming events and contact us with any questions at email@example.com.
YOU ARE INVITED! INFORMATIONAL EVENTS
The Junior League of Wilmington will be hosting informational events throughout the year. Upcoming events include the following:
- Saturday, April 11, 2015 - "Advocating for Yourself" - an educational session at the Appoquinimink Community Library at 2:00pm.
- Sunday, April 12, 2015 - "Advocating for Yourself" - an educational session at the Hockessin Library at 1:30pm.
- Saturday, April 25, 2015 - Information session at the home of President-Elect Kristen McMullen in New Castle from 9:00 - 11:00am.
- Sunday, April 26, 2015 - "How to Talk to Anyone About Anything" - an educational session at the Hockessin Library at 1:30pm.
- Monday April 27, 2015 - Guest Bartender Night at the Brandywine Brewing Company from 6:00 - 9:00pm.
- Wednesday, May 6, 2015 - Information session at Piccolina Toscana from 5:30 - 7:30pm.
We welcome you to fill out the new member application listed below or to contact us with questions. Click here for a list of frequently asked questions. We look forward to meeting you! If you are interested in joining and would like more information please click here to let us know and we'll be in touch.
The Junior League of Wilmington recruits and retains women of all races, religions, and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism.
The League uses the following criteria for consideration of prospective members:
Must be at least 21 years old (there is no maximum age to join)
Demonstrate an interest in voluntarism; and
Commitment to community service
Responsibilities of Membership
Once you have successfully completed the Provisional Course, you will be admitted into active membership status in our League. Active member responsibilities are:
Payment of tax-deductible annual dues
Whale of a Sale donation - merchandise or cash
Participate in a League committee placement
Full details on member requirements are available by request. Please contact us.
Joining is Easy
Just follow the steps outlined below:
Fill Out A New Member Application - To improve accuracy and efficiency, we request that everyone apply online. Once you have submitted your application, you will be redirected to a page that will allow you to pay your Provisional dues and one-time course fee. If you have already submitted an application and would like to make your payment please click here.
Once you have paid the Provisional course fee, you are encouraged to start participating in all areas of our League! Don’t miss our social opportunities, community service events, and other League activities.
If you have questions, please contact us.
We look forward to having you as a member of the Junior League of Wilmington!