How To Join
Thank you for your interest in joining the Junior League of Wilmington! Each year, the Junior League of Wilmington trains groups of new members (Provisionals) to be effective volunteers and leaders in our community. Provisional members complete a comprehensive training series that allows them to learn about our League structure and programs, as well as experience some of our community service projects first-hand. The Provisional series begins in September and includes new member group meetings, a bus tour of community partners, all-League training events, a community project, and attending League functions such as General Membership Meetings. Recruiting events take place year-round. Please check the home page for upcoming events.
The Junior League of Wilmington seeks to attract and retain women of all races, religions, and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism.
The League uses the following criteria for consideration of prospective members:
• Must be at least 21 years old (There is no maximum age to join!)
• Demonstrate an interest in voluntarism and a commitment to community service
• Show an interest in developing her potential voluntary community participation or leadership
Responsibilities of Membership
Once a new member has successfully completed the Provisional Course, she will be admitted into Active membership status in our League. Active members are expected to:
- Pay tax-deductible annual dues
- Donate to our Whale of a Sale fundraiser - merchandise or cash
- Participate in one or both of our two major fundraisers (Whale of a Sale & Heart of the Home Kitchen Tour)
- Actively participate in a committee placement within the League
Full details on member requirements are available by request. Please contact us.
Joining is Easy
Just follow the steps outlined below:
1. Download Provisional Fact Sheet
2. Fill Out A New Member Application
To improve accuracy and efficiency, we request that everyone apply online. Click here to access and submit the online membership application for our fall session. Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email with additional information.
If you have already submitted your online application and would like to pay your Provisional dues and course fee please click here.
3. Stay Connected
Once you have paid the Provisional course fee, you are encouraged to start participating in all areas of our League. Don’t miss our social opportunities.
If you have questions, please contact us.